MEETING "SESSAREGO WORLDWIDE"
VILLAGE OF SESSAREGO, ITALIA
10th / 14th JUNE 2011
Fryday, June 10th 2011 (1st day):
- welcome and placing of people from abroad in lodging places.
Saturday, June 11th 2011 (2nd day):
- opening ceremony of the event in Sessarego;
- Mass in the Church of Sessarego;
- conference on emigration from Liguria in the second half of the nineteenth century;
- presentation of the book about the history of Sessarego realized in italian, spanish and english;
- consignation of souvenirs to all participants (postcards with special stamp, t-shirts and gadgets of the event);
- unveiling of the plaque commemorating the event;
- lunch in Sessarego;
- guided tour of the village;
- dinner in Sessarego.
Sunday, June 12th 2011 (3rd day):
- In the morning tour of the municipality of Bogliasco: medieval bridge, places of worship, castle, town hall, cemetery, war memorial, puntin(little bridge) connecting Bogliasco with the path to Sessarego;
- organization of a documentary exhibition based on the historical archive of the parish of Bogliasco, where there are many acts of birth of the ancestors of the old emigrants;
- lunch/buffet in the Civic Hall of the municipality of Bogliasco, with welcome of the Mayor, of the Priest and others authorities;
- free afternoon; possibility to go to the beach;
- dinner in Bogliasco and if there were conditions, organization of a small football tournament and / or volleyball tournament at the sport center of Bogliasco with mixed teams, dedicated to young people in particular.
Monday, June 13th 2011 (4th day):
- boat trip to the beautiful Ligurian coast from Portofino to Cinque Terre;
- dinner in the restaurant of the Workers’ Mutual Aid Society of Sessarego.
Tuesday, June 14th 2011 (5th day):
- Visit of the city of Genoa with attention to significant places related to the departure of emigrants between the nineteenth and the twentieth century, like the old Harbor Station and the Maritime Museum;
- visit of the old town of Genoa, of the old port and of the aquarium;
- Dinner in Sessarego and closing ceremony of the event with greetings to all participants.